It only takes a few minutes to get started with Satori. What you need is:
- Access to Satori's management console.
- The hostname of your CockroachDB data store, for example:
Adding a CockroachDB Data Store to Satori
- Login to Satori's management console at https://app.satoricyber.com.
- In the Data Stores view, selectAdd Data Stor.
- Select the CockroachDB option.
- Enter an informative name for the data store, for example: Sales Data Warehouse.
- Enter the hostname of your CockroachDB database, for example:
- Choose the public cloud provider and region for the Satori Data Access Controller.
- Click Create.
- You will be redirected to the Data Stores list.
Connect to CockroachDB Database via Satori
To connect to CockroachDB database using Satori use the Satori hostname that was generated by the management console which can be found under Satori Hostname in the data store settings view. For example:
TLS SNI Required
To connect to CockroachDB via Satori, the client application needs to support the Server Name Identification (SNI) extension of the Transport Level Security (TLS) protocol. For clients that do not support the SNI extension, Satori can enable a custom, dedicated port. The custom port number can be found in the data store setting in the Satori management console.
Connecting with the JDBC Driver
To connect with the JDBC driver, override or add the host parameter in the JDBC URL. For example:
Connecting with the Cockroach Command Line Utility
To connect to CockroachDB using CockroachDB SQL shell change the host parameter to the Satori generated hostname. For example:
cockroach sql --url "cockroarchdb://john:firstname.lastname@example.org:26257/defaultdb?sslmode=verify-full&options=--cluster%3Dsatin-poodle-3354"
Connecting with Looker
Looker uses the JDBC driver to connect to CockroachDB. Override the Remote Host:Port parameter with the Satori hostname. For example: